Everyone with it only being just over 50 days to the V8 Supercars hit the new circuit The Bend Motorsport Park in SA I would give you my thought on it.
You can see a picture of what the track layout will be when the V8 Supercar drivers will be driving around it in just a little under two months time. It’s the first time there is going to be two Supercars events in South Australia in the same year.
the orange outline is the track they will be racing on, it is 4.95 km making it the second longest track behind Bathurst. This is going to be a hard track for the drivers as its a new track and most of them wouldn’t have driven it before. The drivers will do a walk around like they do at every track but they will be looking at the apexes on all the corners where they think the best driving line is and where the best overtaking spots are. I reckon probably one of the best overtaking spots are is the corner into a chicane after the long straight and also the corner coming onto the straight as well.
The Bend Motorsport Park are also trying to win the hosting rights to hold the Australian MotoGP round there if they can, if the Australian MotoGP were to go somewhere else I believe it will go here as it is a very new circuit and I like the GP in Melbourne but I would like to see it at a different track. If it was to host the Australian MotoGP it will give the riders and new track to race on that they haven’t before and give them a different type of race all together.
Do you think this is going to be a good circuit for the drivers and the teams and will it stay for a long time in the supercars series. Also what would be your favourite corner on the track
Everyone for this week video of the week I thought after I did my supercars greatest finishes post I would find a video that i said about in the post
I thought with my post talking about the Greatest finishes there were probably going to be some with crashes videos as well so I found this video from 2014 with top 30 V8 Supercar crashes of the last decade.
My favourite crash would have to number three from 2010 with half the field it was also the last race of the season and it could of been anybodies race i remember watching this race and it was dry leading up to the crash but there was a massive downpour of rain and most of the driver were on dry tyres and Jamie Whincup said to his engineer just before the crash that we should be on wet tyres with how wet it is out here. you see the the first three cars go into the fence and those three were battling for the championship for that year.
My second favourite crash would have to be the number 1 crash from 2010 with Fabian Coulthard rolling his car at the chase at Bathurst his tyres were still cold and he was trying to warming them up but he came just off line at the chase and rolled his car but you can see you string these cars are with him getting of his car and walking the video of the full crash is here.
I would like to hear what you favourite crash is and if it wasn’t in the video what was you you favourite crash
Everyone I was just looking around on youtube for the video of the week but I found something that I thought could be a post just on its own
The video I found – Supercars Greatest finishes is below, you will notice there are two parts
My favourite finish would have to be in the second video, the Craig Lowndes and Garth Tander battle at Bathurst in 2011. Craig was trying to win Bathurst for a fifth time in just six years and Garth’s third time winning at the mountain and his second in just three years. One of the big stories here was that Garth Tanders driving partner Nick Percat was driving in V8 supercars for the first time and went on to become one of the very few to win on there first drives.
The footage following the Craig and Garth battle is Craig and Jamie with team Vodafone finishing 1-2 it reminds me of the Allan Moffat and Colin Bond one-two in 1977 because how many times would you see two teams finish one and two in a major race like Bathurst, not that often you would see it in other races with team mates finishing one and two or if the team has three cars a one-two-three, there is still more then 15 races left in the 2018 season and I’m pretty sure there are going to be some more close hard fought battles so there may just be later in the future a third instalment of Supercars Greatest Battles.
I would like to know what you favourite Battle is and what makes that battle stand out for you.
Maybe I might find a Supercars crash compilations and that will be this week video of the week to follow on from this post.
Everyone I thought I would talk about the 5 top events every motor racing fan must visit. The list is in the order of my personal preference but they all are amazing and all should be visited throughout a true motor sports fans lifetime.
1. The Indianapolis 500 is one of the biggest motor racing events in the world. The reason I have chosen this event is because it is one of the biggest race in the Indy cars calendar and like all Indy car drivers they would like to win every race but this has to be the main race they would like to win. The Indianapolis 500 has been happening since 1911 and it is held every year on Memorial Day weekend which is in late May. If you watch at least one race you will notice the cars aren’t like other types of cars they are open-wheeled like in Formula one.
2. The Monaco GP which is happening this weekend at the time of me posting this. Like the Indianapolis 500 this is a race all the F1 drivers would like to win and all the F1 drivers look at when the fixture is released to see when the Monaco GP is so they can get ready for it. The race has been a part of the F1 Calendar since 1929 and the person that has won the most races there is the late and great Ayrton Senna with 6 race wins at Monaco. Formula 1 cars like the above mentioned Indy cars these race cars are open-wheeled.
3. Bathurst 1000 it is the second race of the enduro series the V8 supercars have every year and like all the Supercars Drivers say if they can’t win a championship they would like to win a Bathurst 1000. This race has been happening since 1960 and there has only ever been one person to win the race a record 9 times and that is the late and great Peter Brock he was nicknamed the king of the Mountain after he won it for the ninth time it is the longest race on the Calendar and it can last from anywhere from 6 hours all the way up to almost 7 hours. They race for a trophy named after Peter Brock now and the first ever person to win that trophy was Peter apprentice Craig Lowndes which was Craig Second ever Bathurst win in 2006. Like Nascar these cars weigh about a tonne and cost about $300,000 dollars so you don’t want the drivers to crash the cars as that is a lot of money to fix it.
4. The Daytona 500 which is the first event on the Nascar Calendar they have been racing here since 1959 and it has been won more times in a Chevrolet then any other car and Richard Petty has won it a total of 7 time. When the Nascar season has finished all the drivers know that the first race on the new season is going to be at Daytona and they can’t wait to get back into their cars and start the new season. Like in the V8 supercars they weigh about a tonne and these cost about the same almost $300,000 to race.
5. This would have to be one of the longest and toughest in the world and that would have to the Le mans 24 hour the first race was held back in 1923 and the time to get around the track then was a nine minute 39 second the time it take to go around the circuit now is a three minute 14 second which is pretty quick around a track that is 13.626 (8.467 Miles) there is one driver that has one the race a total of nine time and he is called Tom Kristensen and also he type of car that has one to most races is a Porsche at 19 race. The type of cars they race around range from Toyota all the way BMW m3 most of the cars have three drivers but you can have up to four drivers .
Thank for reading my post and I would like to hear your feedback and see if you have any other events that aren’t on the list that motor racing fans should visit.
Everyone I thought I would do another post asking what you favourite thing is, this time I thought about asking what your favourite sports are and why. I have a couple of sports that are my enjoy but my favourite sport that I like is Motorsport.
The reason Motorsport is my favourite sport is because you just don’t see one race the same every time you watch a race you might see that it has no safety cars or you might see another race where there are a lot of safety cars.
You will see different drivers in each variation of motorsport, yearly you can see drivers and teams leave the sport and also see some new drivers and teams come in, In some variations you might also see some past drivers from the sport come back part time and do enduro type events. For example in Australia Mark Skaife finished up in the V8 Supercars as a full-time driver but came back and drove in the Enduros of which the V8 Supercars have three races each season Sandown, Bathurst and the third at the Gold Coast. On his return Mark Skaife competed in this enduro races with his long time friend Craig Lowndes
I was very happy when I heard Mark was going to race with Craig as Mark was one of my favourite drivers at the time and Craig is my favourite driver ever. I think Craig will do the same as what Mark did when he retires and continue racing in the enduros and race with either Jamie Whincup or Shane Van Gisbergen as they should still be driving when he retires full time from driving.
The next sport on my list of sports I enjoy is AFL, between the teams the players abilities and coaching styles vary significantly causing considerable variations in each game watched. In one match a team could win by a big margin against one opponent and the next game they might have very nail bitting game no matter where the teams fall on the ladder but just due to how the teams match up.
Basketball is another sport I really get into, my favourite Basketball team is the Utah Jazz and I was very happy to see Donovan Mitchell I really rate him highly due to how quick and versatile he is. With him being able to help out his team mates where ever he can. You don’t always see that team first attitude in some of the players in the NBA. Why I like basketball is because if you want to you can go out and play with a friend or group of friends and put a pick up game together really easy.
Thanks for reading this post and it hopefully its help you guys understand me a bit more, why I like these certain sports. As always I would like to hear about what your favourite sports or sport are and why you like them.