Everyone I thought I would talk about the 5 top events every motor racing fan must visit. The list is in the order of my personal preference but they all are amazing and all should be visited throughout a true motor sports fans lifetime.
1. The Indianapolis 500 is one of the biggest motor racing events in the world. The reason I have chosen this event is because it is one of the biggest race in the Indy cars calendar and like all Indy car drivers they would like to win every race but this has to be the main race they would like to win. The Indianapolis 500 has been happening since 1911 and it is held every year on Memorial Day weekend which is in late May. If you watch at least one race you will notice the cars aren’t like other types of cars they are open-wheeled like in Formula one.
2. The Monaco GP which is happening this weekend at the time of me posting this. Like the Indianapolis 500 this is a race all the F1 drivers would like to win and all the F1 drivers look at when the fixture is released to see when the Monaco GP is so they can get ready for it. The race has been a part of the F1 Calendar since 1929 and the person that has won the most races there is the late and great Ayrton Senna with 6 race wins at Monaco. Formula 1 cars like the above mentioned Indy cars these race cars are open-wheeled.
3. Bathurst 1000 it is the second race of the enduro series the V8 supercars have every year and like all the Supercars Drivers say if they can’t win a championship they would like to win a Bathurst 1000. This race has been happening since 1960 and there has only ever been one person to win the race a record 9 times and that is the late and great Peter Brock he was nicknamed the king of the Mountain after he won it for the ninth time it is the longest race on the Calendar and it can last from anywhere from 6 hours all the way up to almost 7 hours. They race for a trophy named after Peter Brock now and the first ever person to win that trophy was Peter apprentice Craig Lowndes which was Craig Second ever Bathurst win in 2006. Like Nascar these cars weigh about a tonne and cost about $300,000 dollars so you don’t want the drivers to crash the cars as that is a lot of money to fix it.
4. The Daytona 500 which is the first event on the Nascar Calendar they have been racing here since 1959 and it has been won more times in a Chevrolet then any other car and Richard Petty has won it a total of 7 time. When the Nascar season has finished all the drivers know that the first race on the new season is going to be at Daytona and they can’t wait to get back into their cars and start the new season. Like in the V8 supercars they weigh about a tonne and these cost about the same almost $300,000 to race.
5. This would have to be one of the longest and toughest in the world and that would have to the Le mans 24 hour the first race was held back in 1923 and the time to get around the track then was a nine minute 39 second the time it take to go around the circuit now is a three minute 14 second which is pretty quick around a track that is 13.626 (8.467 Miles) there is one driver that has one the race a total of nine time and he is called Tom Kristensen and also he type of car that has one to most races is a Porsche at 19 race. The type of cars they race around range from Toyota all the way BMW m3 most of the cars have three drivers but you can have up to four drivers .
Thank for reading my post and I would like to hear your feedback and see if you have any other events that aren’t on the list that motor racing fans should visit.
until next time